Disney Show for Kids Features Lesbian Couple
The Disney kids show “Good Luck Charlie” recently featured a lesbian couple in an episode that some loved and others did not. The episode featured the “parents” of one of Charlie’s friends that happen to be two women.
What is most concerning to me was actually articulated by Miley Cyrus as she praised Disney for the episode. She tweeted:
‘I commend Disney for making this step into the light of this generation. They control…so much of what kids think!
Ding ding! That’s the point. Disney has significant influence in the lives of children. To promote homosexuality to young kids watching this show isn’t appropriate. This is a subject parents ought to be discussing with their kids when the parents are ready. Sensitive subject matter such as this should not be forced into homes because Disney wants to make a political statement. Disney has now played their hand and let everyone know where they stand on this issue. I suppose we will see Disney advocate for marriage redefinition in the near future, perhaps with a new animated movie featuring two princesses.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)