10 Pro-Abortion Phrases We Hope Will Disappear Forever
In an article posted at LifeNews.com, Kristi Burton Brown has compiled a list of the top 10 pro-abortion phrases she hopes will disappear. I must say, it’s a great list. Take a look at the following list and see if you agree. Better yet, see if there is any words or phrases missing that you would like to see added to this list. Prayerfully, 2015 will be the year we see more unborn lives saved and come closer to the day when Roe v. Wade is overturned once and for all.
1) “Termination” of Pregnancy: Since pregnancy is also “terminated” (or “ended”) through birth, this is a deceptive way to describe abortion.
2) “Reproductive Justice”: This phrases amounts to an odd myth. Suffice it to say that fancy words do not a moral murder make.
3) “Care. No Matter What.”: It’s always been obvious that Planned Parenthood’s new and improved slogan, “Care. No matter what.” didn’t apply to all human beings. But, it’s becoming ever more obvious that America’s abortion giant doesn’t care about helpless, vulnerable women either.
4) “Product of Conception”: Well, I guess we’re all really just walking “products of conception,” when it comes down to it. Way to dehumanize and belittle the true value of life.
5) Abortion “Care”: Under what form of humanity do we call taking the lives of innocent, helpless children “care”? Under what standard of decency do we call ripping babies from their mothers’ wombs “care”? No matter the reasons, subjecting a human being to a cruel and violent death is anything but “care.”
6) “It’s my body!”: Except that it’s not. Is the mother’s body being sucked into a tube during an abortion? Are her hands, feet, and little legs lying piecemeal on a silver tray after an abortion? Do her hands clench and startle during an abortion? Does her body swim away, in utero, from the abortionist’s tools? Is her face forever frozen by the terror of being hunted, attacked, and killed in a former place of peace?
7) “If you don’t have a uterus…”: Those who cry, “If you don’t have a uterus, zip it!” to pro-life men, are lightning fast to declare men who support abortion “bro-choice.” They celebrate pro-abortion men, even though many of them are caught abusing women and forcing abortions on them. Shaming men who want to save the lives of their children, is a real outrage.
8) “If you don’t want an abortion…”: Abortion supporters sure are good at telling people who don’t agree with them to close their mouths. So instead of saying, “If you don’t want an abortion, don’t have one,” why aren’t whole crowds of people saying, “If you don’t want to rape a woman, don’t,” or, “If you don’t want to participate in human trafficking, don’t hire a prostitute”? Hmmm…maybe it’s because if we know something is wrong, we should do something about it – something more than merely being personally opposed.
9) “1 in 3” Campaign: One way pro-abortion proponents try to normalize abortion is by claiming that, over the course of their lifetimes, 1 in 3 women will have an abortion. They claim this should stop the “shame and stigma” surrounding abortion. Here’s the problem (in addition to the 1 in 3 claim being wrong): just because many people do something doesn’t make it right. If we believe that, we basically believe in mob rule. Whether one man or two million men were rapists, would it affect the wrongness of the act?
10) “Potential Life”: Ok, this one wins in my opinion. An unborn child, at no time, is merely a “potential life.” This phrase is baffling and unscientific. Countless medical textbooks inform us that, from the moment of fertilization, a new, whole, separate, unique, human being’s life has begun. There’s no “potential” about it; it simply is. “Potential life” doesn’t grow, move, and develop in a mother’s womb; real, actual life does that.