Some of the Top Articles Concerning Life and Abortion in 2016
It’s that time of year when people spend some time looking back at the past year and reflecting. To say that 2016 was an interesting year would be an understatement. It was a year filled with many surprises on the socio-political front. However, one thing remained, the issue of life continued to be one of the issues Americans cared most about.
A majority of Americans continue to support greater abortion restrictions and want to see fewer abortions. The election cycle did nothing to diminish the desire of pro-life advocates to see life protected at its most vulnerable stages. Americans believed that their vote would either protect the unborn or further jeopardize the unborn.
In a surprise that some are still recovering from, the most pro-abortion candidate in American history lost the election. Pro-life advocates were excited to see a candidate win in November that promised to nominate pro-life justices to the court. The hope that unborn children would be protected has gained strength and momentum post-election.
One pro-life outlet that I follow regularly recently did a look back and their top 10 headlines from 2016 and it’s no surprise that 40% of those headlines involved political candidates and the election. Take a look at the list of headlines below and you will realize how broad the issue of life is in our culture. It involves the unborn, the ill, and the aged. The issue of life stretches from the White House to the Church house. This is an issue that touches every aspect of our life and culture and continues to leave a lasting impression on us all.
Let’s hope that 2017 will be a better year for life and that more people will see the importance of defending life for the most vulnerable of our society.
- Hillary Clinton: An Unborn Child Just Hours Before Delivery Has No Constitutional Rights
- Remembering When Mother Teresa Left Hillary Clinton in Stunned Silence on Abortion
- Chelsea Clinton: I Left the Church When I Was 6 Because It Opposed Abortion
- High Court in Ireland Rules an Unborn Baby Has a Right to Life
- Nurse Says Baby Who Survived Abortion Cried While Left Alone in a Steel Pan to Die
- Ohio Senate Passes Bill to Ban All Abortions After an Unborn Baby’s Heartbeat Begins
- After Abstaining Until Marriage, NFL Star Russell Wilson and Ciara Get Married: “We Did It Jesus’ Way”
- Priest to Christians: “You Might Not Have a Church to Go to If You Don’t Vote Right in November”
- Donald Trump Calls for Permanently Banning Taxpayer Funding of Abortions
- First Child Dies After Belgium Approves Measure Allowing Doctors to Euthanize Children